- Dimensions: 8 1/2″ H x 4 1/2″ dia.
- Visibility: Visible for over 10 nautical miles
- Burn Time: Six hours at specified intensity
- Light Output:: 75 candela
- Pattern: flashes S?O?S
- Buoyancy: Floats upright, may be used by person in water
- Power Source: Three Alkaline C-batteries (sold separately and user-replaceable)
- Approvals: Fulfills all Coast Guard requirements (46 CFR 161.013) for marine distress signals when combined with the included Distress Flag
A U.S. Coast Guard Approved alternative to flares!
The SOS Distress Light is the first and only LED Visual Distress Signal Device that meets U.S. Coast Guard requirements to completely replace traditional pyrotechnic flares. Unlike traditional flares, this electronic flare never expires